Thursday, March 17, 2005
Or at least a little more eclectic than you'd expect. Or I expect.
That was my reaction after seeing this weeks Swedish Top 10:
DU & JAG DÖDEN
- larger than life Swedish rock band with 10 years of credibility and often coming across as gloomy guys that rarely smile.
TO DIE ALONE
- Another Swedish favourite among both critics and the record buying public. Made it big with the last record. Soulful retro sounding.
LOVE ME TENDER
- Honeydripping crooner that's been around for 30 years or so fronting the group Vikingarna. This is his take on Elvis.
CHAPTER V: UNBENT, UNBOWED, UNBROKEN
- Swedish metal band 12 years on...
ALLA VILL TILL HIMMELEN MEN INGEN VILL DÖ
- How about some Swedish rap?
ETT KOLIKBARNS BEKÄNNELSER
- Another Swede! A bit pop and rock.
ANGEL OF RETRIBUTION
- Veterans are the first non-Swedish act on this chart.
- Swedish teenage heartthrob forging a 15 min career after coming a close second in one of those Pop Star TV deals. This one was called Idol 2004.
LOVE ANGEL MUSIC BABY
A broad mix don't you think? And we could probably play at least Moneybrother on RD. Might happen. Might not. Stay tuned.
In the meantime you can see a couple of videos and listen to Moneybrother music over at: