Friday, February 29, 2008

Two Against Nature is eight:
"Who's gonna break the shape of things unknown"

Excuse us for getting a wee bit sentimental today. But February 29 marks the eight year anniversary of Steely Dan's comeback album Two Against Nature. Winning four Grammys including Album of The Year - something were all reminded of each year when the "professional" commentators on the latest Grammy Awards criticise the choice of over-the-hill and out-of-fashion music. Oh well... I wouldn't bother if I were them. Which I'm not.

So I am enjoying Two Against Nature as much today as I did back in 2000, when on the 29 of February I picked up my pre-ordered copy at the local music store, bought my very first bottle of tequila, went home and sat down with the headphones to listen to the record over and over again while going over the booklet smiling. I've been smiling ever since. Happy to have Steely Dan back and looking forward to the next chapter.

Hey, Donald & Walter; thanks for the music!

We'll add the whole album to the Radio Dupree playlist over the weekend.

And there's always the official Two Against Nature page.

No comments: