Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Di Leva plays Bowie: Pin Ups changed my life

David Bowie was the artist that inspired the young Thomas Di Leva (now longtime Swedish musician) to get into music. On March 22 Radio Dupree attended one of the shows of Di Leva's Changes tour.

– When I was a boy I saw a record with a remarkable cover in a store. It jumped out and into my heart. It was Pin Ups. I convinced my mom to buy it and it made me pick up the guitar and dare to sing, and so I became an artist, said Di Leva in a radio interview some week ago.

Last year Di Leva performed his 100 percent Bowie programme in a venue in Stockholm. This year he took the show outside the Swedish capital.

It was a surprisingly good show.
Great band and performance.
They opened up with Ziggy Stardust. Powerful, but the lead and backing vocals were a bit out of synch. But from that point the band worked like a well synchronized machine.
Highlights came half an hour into the show with Ashes to Ashes, Fame, Fashion and Let's Dance.

//S.H.

No comments: