Monday, May 02, 2005

Taxes filed ... over the Internet

Skattekvitto
Paid in full...

OK. So I've once again been a law-abiding citizen and filed my taxes. Not that much of a chore really, as I live a fairly uncomplicated life as far as money goes. Which means I don't have to fil out a bunch of extra documents and papers, but can pretty much stick with the pre-printed version I've recieved for the past couple of years.

In order to get Swedes to do their taxes over the Internet, we've been promised to get whatever money they owe us before mid-June instead of the "old ways" of getting it early December.
As I found myself on the recieving end once again, I hurried to fix whatever I had to do in the way of IDs and accounts and managed to file my taxes in 10 minutes this Sunday evening.

Now I can sit back and wait for my money to arrive!

The deadline for this years taxes are midnight May 2. The Swedish Skatteverket hope that 1.5 million tax returns will be sent in using the Internet or SMS. As far as I've been able to decipher the facts 1.1 million were filed last year. The Swedish population is about 9 million.

(More on Sweden and taxes by clicking the headline above.)

No comments: