Sunday, February 05, 2006

Bass player quits ZpZ tour

Bass player Bryan Beller has decided to quit the Zappa plays Zappa tour.
Bryan explains it on his own website http://www.bryanbeller.com

"I've chosen not to do it. Right here in time, right now, it just didn't fit with what I wanted in my day-to-day life, period. Dweezil and I had a couple of nice conversations about it, and I wish nothing but the best for the tour and those involved - especially my good friend Joe Travers, for whom this tour is the fulfillment of a lifelong goal and dream. There's not anything else to read into this - it's all right here, and for now, this is all I have to say about it."

Radio Dupree has not heard anything more about this (from concert arranger or Zappa Family Trust or so...) but the Radio Dupree staff begin to feel a little worried. (We just got tickets for the Stockholm show in May). First the whole Euro tour for the fall of 2005 was cancelled and re-scheduled for the spring. Now this!

/ Sigurd Huckle (who is ready to wipe the dust off his ol' Fender bass)

No comments: