Sunday, August 24, 2008

"A year has passed since I broke my nose" - The Police misunderstood

The BBC writes that 2 000 persons were polled by hearing aid providers Amplifon, and The Police came up tops as far as misheard lyrics go. Two of the band's songs feature in a top 10 of misunderstood tracks, including Message In A Bottle whose "a year has passed since I wrote my note" became "a year has passed since I broke my nose".

Bee Gees ended upp at two with a line from Stayin' Alive: "It's alright, it's okay, you may look the other way" morphs to "it's alright, it's okay, you make love the other way".

Check out the full BBC article here and then head on over to the central for misheard lyrics on the Internet; Kiss This Guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am now NEVER going to be able to listen to this song the same way again... lol

Nebukadnessar Stephenson and Sigurd Huckle said...

We're pretty sure each and every one of us have at least one, probably more, lyrics that we've misheard and sung wrong for ... decades.

We won't go in to the songs we've given new lyrics over the years. Suffice to say "Kiss the sky" is a favo(u)rite site.