Mojo - White Album Recovered 2
2. Queen - She Makes Me (Stormtrooper In Stilettos)
Sheer Heart Attack
3. The Vegetarians - The Idiot Bastard Son
20 Extraordinary Renditions
4. Missing Persons - Bad Streets
Spring Session M
5. Walter Becker - Paging Audrey
6. Peter Gabriel - A Wonderful Day In A One-Way World
Peter Gabriel (2)
7. Larry Carlton - Song In The 5th Degree
8. Donald Fagen - Century's End
The Nightfly Trilogy - 10 Extras
9. Frank Zappa - Gorgeous Inca
Birthday Bundle 21 Dec. 2008
10. Frank Zappa - Flakes
11. Frank Zappa - Yo' Mama - Sheik Yerbouti
12. Frank Zappa - Dancin' Fool (disco version) - Birthday Bundle 21 Dec. 2008
13. The Beatles - I Feel Fine - Live At The BBC
14. David Bowie - Blackout - Stage
15. Atomic Rooster - Death Walks behind You (BBC radio session) - Death Walks behind You
16. Talking Heads - Air - Fear Of Music
17. Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues - Greatest Hits
18. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Kandy Korn - The Mirror Man Sessions
19. Missing Persons - Destination Unknown - Spring Session M
20. Paul Simon - Have a Good Time - Still Crazy After All These Years
Chart compiled by listeners voting on the songs they hear on Radio Dupree
Our Album of the Month in March; Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti, pops up a couple of times on this month's chart. And we do find a lot of the usual suspects in the Top 20.
But it is a surprise number one! Rachel Unthank & The Winterset from Northumberland, United Kingdom.
"Folk/Experimental/Roots" is what the MySpace-page says. And their version of The Beatles' Sexy Sadie is different but - in our and our listeners opinion - well worth a listen. It's available on Mojo Magazone's 2 CD revisit of The White Album, asking various artists to take on the songs from the original double album. We gave away a set of the Mojo version in December last year and continue to play tracks from the CDs.
- - -
Somewhat surprising that the chart includes two Missing Person songs. So, would you listeners like to hear more of this Bozzio post Zappa era combo? I was thrilled to hear what drummer Terry Bozzio and bassist Patrick O'Hearn would do after their departure from Frank Zappa's band in the late 70's. However, I was a little confused when I realised that it did not sound any way I had expected. But some MP songs are really catchy, and I really enjoy the Spring Session M album.