Friday, June 27, 2008

Weekend music: Steely Week?

File under I-have-a-search-engine-and-I-know-how-to-use-it:

Stumbled across a blogger comparing a group called The Week That Was with Steely Dan. Quote:
Peter claims musical inspiration came from the early '80s when people were obsessed with Fairlight synthesizers and the Linn drum. But as I was listening to the album's first single, "Scratch the Surface," the more I listened the more it reminded me of Steely Dan than anything else. ("Night by Night," specifically.)
Well. Make up your own mind. Here's the song.

(Radio Dupree's Pop Department says: A catchy little song!)

P.S. The full blog post on The Week That Was (including mp3) can be found here.

2 comments:

Nebukadnessar Stephenson and Sigurd Huckle said...

Here I am about to comment on the post I just wrote, but there's a first for everything!

Have played the track a few times now and...

Sounds a bit like legendary English 70's (and onwards) band Squeeze, n'est–ce pas?

Anonymous said...

I go with Tears for Fears. Especially their MTV videos from the 80's. It's almost like Steely Dan meet's the 80's. :-)