Thursday, April 14, 2005

Siggy goes west, part V

An Evening with Wild Man Fischer

Here in the US every store, company, radio station, sports team etc seem to have a t-shirt with their logo.
And since the t-shirts are cheap and in some cases I got'em for free I'll be loaded with them when I get back home.

It has been a wonderful trip and I have noticed a few things that are different here compared to my home land. Some useful information here for you first timers going overseas:
If you wanna go pee you should look for the restroom, they don't call them toilets, see.
I went to a couple of record stores mainly to look for CD's. I found some neat LP's, however. One was An Eve w/Wild Man Fischer in great condition for $35. It's rare and I could have replaced my old copy and sold it for maybe $50.

But I have learnt a lesson. Avoid bringing fragile LP's when you are going to spend 24 hrs on three different flights.

"T-shiiiirts..."
(Frank Zappa, Passaic, New Jersey, Halloween Night 1972. Remember? You were there, right?)

PS. This is my last report from this trip in the US.
/Sigurd Huckle

No comments: