Sunday, July 29, 2007

Steely Dan Europe 2007: Sayonara!

I do recall a post dated July 22 promising a full account of our experience from the Steely Dan in Stockholm trip to be published on Monday. Now, we could defend us saying we didn't specfy exactly what Monday we'd write, but of course it should've been up on the 23. It's a week later and still nothing.
The few times I've started to collect my thoughts and facts I've felt like that Monty Python character Mr. Gumby who shouted "my brain hurts!"

I haven't been able to get those few lines and links written. Hopefully soon...

Last night was the final night of the European tour, and Donald, Walter and the band is most likely already back home in the U.S. of A.

They have three weeks to rest up before the 15 day tour of Japan begins on August 18. The tour will then finish up with nine dates in Australia and New Zealand.

I do look forward to the gigs in Japan. The 15 concerts is divided between just three different cities. Will the fact that they're not traveling that much make for a different show? Will the setlist change more than it has so far? Shorter sets? Longer sets? Different songs?

Looking forward to the reports from Japan!

No comments: